Do you know what expenses are qualified in College 529 plans? There may be more than you think:
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Required books, supplies and equipment
- Computers and Printers
- Room and board, special needs equipement and many more!
When it's time to take distributions, you have choices as to where they should be sent:
- Send them directly to the college
- Have the funds deposited into your bank account
- The funds can be sent directly to your college student too
529 College plans are flexible and offer a variety of options that make them easy to navigate. Some states also allow for contributions to qualify for state income tax deductions.
It's never too early or too late to start saving for your child's or grandchild's education. Give us call to at 215-579-5601 to find out which plan best meets your needs.
As always, if you have any life changes or updates that you need us to attend to (i.e., new job, promotion, marriage, new baby or grandchild, etc.), please do not hesitate to contact us.
Stacy Brilliant, Chief Operating Officer